By: Dr. Elizabeth Eggert
Did you know there’s a way to restore decayed, cracked, or chipped teeth in only one visit?
CEREC is an advanced dental technology that creates full crowns, inlays, onlays, and veneers. The best part about it? CEREC digital impressions and milling take only a couple of hours and your crown can be completed in only one visit.
CEREC restorations are made of compressed porcelain, emax porcelain, or compressed composite resin. These materials are the most similar to your teeth with regard to wear and esthetics. Also, CEREC crowns have no metal in them.
Advantages of CEREC restorations:
- There’s only one dental visit, which saves you a considerable amount of time.
- There’s no need for a temporary crown.
- The crown is milled by computer technology to precisely fit your tooth. The accuracy of the fit is exceptional.
The procedure for completing a CEREC restoration is very simple. Essentially, it’s a state-of-the-art CAD/CAM system for dentistry.
- The first step is to remove all decay from the tooth. Dr. Eggert then shapes the tooth in preparation to take a digital scan of the tooth.
- The highly detailed digital scan is captured, and the tooth appears in 3D on the computer screen. While you watch, Dr. Eggert designs the restoration.
- Once the design is completed, the CEREC machine begins the 15-minute milling process. If interested, you can even watch the crown’s construction!
- Once the milling process is complete, the restoration is sized for accuracy and the color and glazing is finalized.
- After a final try-in, the restoration is cemented in. That’s it. On average, the entire CEREC process takes just a little over two hours.
An example of Dr. Eggert’s work:
The sign of a good CEREC crown? You can’t even tell which tooth it’s on.
Laura’s reaction, “The result is fantastic!”
Laura needed a crown and wanted to try the CEREC process. We asked Laura what she thought and she said, “Oh I definitely like it. Then, I don’t have to come back, which is perfect for me because my time is very precious. I like that I don’t have to worry about the temporary crown.” She further went on to note that, “The result is fantastic! I would tell someone else to definitely do it. The time goes by really fast!”
Contact us today to find out if CEREC restoration is right for you. Call (651) 482-8412.